u right tho..white privilege just some tumblr bullshit..def. not applicable in the real world..damn
friendly reminder that if i have ever befriended you and have not spoken to you in a while it’s nothing you’ve done wrong it’s just because i’m a piece of shit at keeping in contact with people and i still love you okay good
the actual science vs. how the news reports it
This made me laugh so hard!
I just watched a kid break down in the bookstore because his books for the semester totaled $600 and that’s the american university system in a nutshell
I was on the verge of tears when I got to the cashier so yeah, that’s messed up
This is actually a test showing how sponges pump water through themselves for filter feeding!
They simply colored the water around them so you could easily see the process :D
Sponges will never cease to fascinate me!
I keep a sponge on me at all times to remind myself that this is just as good of an example of Life on Earth as I am.
Working at LUSH: the saga
Men are such girls
I would just like to say fuck you to everyone who made me feel inadequate growing up and ruining my self esteem for years. You all suck and I’m glad I don’t talk to any of you any more.
This is literally the most bomb-ass D&D story I’ve ever read in my life oh my god.
Holy shit ._.
Source: An inside look at ADHD.
Me 100% of the time. Luckily Ito help for my ADD when I was a child
- ADD and ADHD are the same disorder, Attention Deficit Disorder was officially renamed Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder in 1994. Many people use ADD to refer to Type One presented here, and ADHD to refer to Type Two, but they are the same core disorder.
- In many cases where ADHD carries into adulthood, it’s a genetic issue [My grandfather, mother, siblings, and I have all been diagnosed with ADHD], though this does not always occur.
hello yes this is me
more fun facts!
- there are a lot of talks about how ADHD is overdiagnosed, and that may be true for boys, but for girls ADHD is severely underdiagnosed.
- older studies mostly looked at hyperactive boys and that’s the perception we have of ADHD. because of this many girls will go undiagnosed until adulthood.
- most girls/women who have ADHD are inattentive type. they tend to be introverted, disorganized and daydreamers.
- girls will internalize these as personal failings and teenage girls have a much higher rate of suicide and self harm because of it
- ADHD is often comorbid with anxiety and depression, both of which are caused by the failings from having ADHD
- depression can present itself differently in people with ADHD. it’s more of a discouragement from constantly failing, but it can be just as debilitating.
- read this article from the atlantic: It’s Different for Girls with ADHD
Repost because it’s a strange weird world that we have to deal with and it’s hard when so many people expect so much.
For some reason Fox News allowed Duck Dynasty’s Phil Robertson to give his opinion on the problems with ISIS, unwittingly showing that Christian fundamentalists and Muslim fundamentalists are extremely similar.
Is anyone really surprised by this?
If you think you’re the good guy shooting at the bad guys there’s probably someone on the other side with the same thoughts.
Doing the dishes is dangerous.